Saturday, November 22, 2008

St John


We had the day off so we hopped the fairy to St John. Most of the island is a national park so you can go anywhere your feet will take you. We had some thing to eat in the little town then hiked, on the trail you see in the photo for about 20 min, and ended up at a beautiful beach called honeymoon beach. I am sure you can tell by the photo why they call it that. Or maybe they call it that because you need to be a young couple to make the hike there. After a fun day at the beach we hopped the fairy back for a wonderful night ride back. As hard and stressful this last week has been seeing these things makes it all worth it.

As we were studying Kellie's flashcards for her new job and having some breakfast at Molly Malones today, a giant iguana came up to us. I leaped into the air in surprise just to learn it was begging for food, way better than the pigeons of city life. I have a job at a nice restaurant called Agave Terrace. It is a mom and pop shop, so nice and relaxed but not cheep and always busy. I unfortunately do not start till Monday, and unless you have money there is not much more to do than go lay on the beach, life could be worse.

2 comments:

Emanon said...

Looks beautiful! How is Kellie liking her job? What is your address? We all miss you at emanon. We're out of beer and bloody marry mix. Come home soon.

Rich and Nichole said...

Yeah! A job. I'm guessing you'll find something bigger and better before too long. I hate the school drama, I hate fighting the fight, but someone has to do it and at this point I'm in it too far to turn back. Kids are on Thanksgiving break this week (can we send them to visit?). Lots of fun over last weekends "holy war" see my blog for pic's. Someone hit our house with blue paint. Send me your address---holidays are comin'. Miss you. Miss Kellie. Did you get the pic of Geni and Anja from dad on sunday? She's getting use to the weekly visits.